About the Product
Australia's unique driving conditions call for a different approach to shock absorber design. Invariably, vehicles are heavily loaded, fitted with accessories and driven on harsh Outback roads for prolonged periods.
When developing shock absorbers, Old Man Emu takes all these factors into consideration. This is reflected in the superb structural integrity of Nitrocharger shocks, along with the fact they are properly valved for the conditions they will be required to work under.
This experience in setting the most appropriate valving is what really sets the Nitrocharger apart from its competitors. OME engineers have extensive knowledge in this field as they specialize in nothing else but 4WD suspension systems. When developing a shock absorber, consideration is given to both original equipment and OME springs. In many cases, several shock absorber applications will be listed for one vehicle to ensure the proper match regardless of spring selection, installed accessories or load carrying requirements.
While OME Nitrochargers will improve overall ride performance when fitted with standard springs, more substantial benefits can be achieved when fitted in conjunction with OME springs. Improved ride, load carrying characteristics, and wheel travel are all benefits of such a combination.
Used by 4 wheelers throughout the world, OME Nitrochargers set the standard in ride comfort over any terrain and simply outperform the competition.
- Tough urethane bushes for extended life
- Unique triple lip check valve seal offers excellent gas & oil retention
- The eccentric sliding intake valve increases valving response time and reduces operating noise
- The balanced, 1.4", Teflon banded rebound piston delivers outstanding valve control resulting in better ride and handling. The equalized pressure system is delivered through multi-stage valving, which eliminates oil starvation at high speed and greatly reduces heat and pressure build up. This subsequently produces a more durable shock absorber with improved life expectancy.
- Super strong 0.71" hard chromed piston rod.
- Low pressure Nitrogen gas for optimum performance.
- Tough twin tube design with super strong 0.06" thick reserve tube protects
vital internal components.
- A multi-stage compression valve incorporates a wider range of valve performance resulting in improved vehicle control and ride suppleness.
- Supplementary top & bottom welds give added strength and safety.