About the Product:
The new Kakadu model tent is a new addition to the successful range of ARB Touring products. It shares many features and components with the Simpson model but has been designed for simpler set up and warmer climates where maximum ventilation is required.
While it shares many of the frame components with the Simpson III, the Kakadu does not include the extendable veranda section. This makes the Kakadu ideal for fitment to the rear of utility/pick-up vehicles and trailers where the floor level can be mounted lower to the ground with no access issues to the tent.
For increased ventilation, the Kakadu features larger side window openings without the canvas awning over the window exterior. This allows for greater air flow through the tent but also increased view and natural light. Internal canvas shutters are still fitted to seal the windows during inclement weather. To provide rain cover to the windows, the fly sheet has been extended and provides more protection to the entire tent.
Also new to the Kakadu is a lighter high density, single layer extruded foam mattress. This reduces the overall weight of the tent and allows for easier folding of the tent during pack up.
To read the entire New Product Release, please - Click Here -
- Manufactured from high quality, poly/cotton rip stop canvas with polyurethane coating for superior water resistance
- Incorporates Oxford weave polyester flysheet, with excellent water shedding ability
- High density foam mattress
- Includes sturdy aluminum retractable ladder
- Internal canvas window shutters offer protection during inclement weather
- Insect screened windows and door
- UV stabilized laminated PVC cover
- Easily mounted to ARB's purpose designed roof rack or suitable Thule or Yakima roof bars
- Can be configured to unfold off either the Side (Shown) or off the rear of the vehicle
- Open - 55" (1400mm) wide x 94.50" (2400mm) long x 51" (1300mm) high
- Packed - 55" (1400mm) wide x 47.25" (1200mm) long x 8" (203mm) high